RsLogix 500 Training - Wiring Your Allen Bradley Micrologix 1100 PLC
A feature of this trainer is that it is designed to teach both PLC wiring and programming.
It comes unwired and you must make the connections between the PLC and the devices.
In the real world, the wiring would be determined by the machine design, but for your first lessons you will use the following diagram. For now, don’t worry about using a specific wire color for a specific connection. You will learn more about that later.
If you have wired your trainer correctly, then the following should happen.
- Pressing Button 1 illuminates Light 1
- Pressing Button 2 illuminates Light 2
- Pressing Button 3 illuminates Light 3
- Pressing Button 4 illuminates Light 4
- Placing Switch 1 in the right position will will cause the lights to illuminate in sequence for 1 second each, starting with green, then yellow, then red, then blue, then repeat starting with green.
Did yours work as expected? If not go back and find the problem. If you get stumped don't forget that we are here to help. Once yours works correctly, you will be ready to start your PLC training lessons. Continue to the RsLogix 500 Training - Downloading and installing RsLogix 500 and RsLinx for FREE lesson.
Go to the Allen Bradley RsLogix 500 PLC Training PLC Training Getting Started Lesson series to select your next lesson. There are also many other Lesson Series on PLC Programming and Industrial Automation.