RsLogix 500 Training - Downloading and installing RsLogix 500 and RsLinx for FREE
You can download RsLogix 500 and RsLinx for FREE right off of the Allen Bradley site using the following instructions. The free version is called RsLogix 500 Micro Starter Lite.
To learn more about paid versions of RsLogix 500, see our RsLogix 500 - Where can I download RsLogix 500 and what is the price/difference of each version?
You will need RsLogix 500 and a version of RsLinx to be installed on your computer to go through our lessons and learn ladder logic.
1. Type “ab.com” into your address bar. It will redirect to Rockwell Automation.
2. Select your language.
3. Click Downloads.
4. In the search box type in RsLogix Micro Starter and you will see two options appear. Select the one that ends in EN for English.
5. Click the search icon. You could download it but we are going to add it to our cart. That doesn’t mean we have to pay anything, we’re just going to go get RsLinx which is also required and download them at the same time.
6. Now type RsLinx Classic Lite into the search bar and select the option that says free.
7. Click the Downloads Link.
8. Click Select Files.
9. Choose the latest version.
10. Your downloads button now has a two by it representing the two files that you have selected. Click it and select Download Now.
11. You will be asked to login, you can create an account for free so if you don’t have an account simply click the Create an Account.
12. Read over their licensing agreement and if you agree then click Accept.
13. Now you have a choice to use the Managed Download or Direct Download. Both will work but I use the Direct Download.
14. You will now have two links, one for RsLogix and one for RsLinx. Click both of them to start your downloads.
15. Once your download is finished, install both files.
Once you have RsLogix and RsLinx installed continue to the RsLogix 500 - Configure your IP Address for PC to PLC Ethernet Communication lesson where you will prepare your computer to communicate with your trainer.
Go to the Allen Bradley RsLogix 500 PLC Training PLC Training Getting Started Lesson series to select your next lesson. There are also many other Lesson Series on PLC Programming and Industrial Automation.