RsLogix 500 - Downloading and installing RsLogix 500 and RsLinx
RsLogix 500 and RsLinx will need to be installed on your computer to do these lessons. You can downloaded them for FREE right off of the Allen Bradley site at the following links.
RsLinx does require you register to download but can be done for free. See steps below.
1. Click the following link.
2. Click the "Downloads" link circled below.
3. Click on "Select Files".
4. Check the box by the latest version and click the "Downloads" button.
5. Click the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button.
6. Login to your account. If you do not already have an account, click the "Create an Account" button. Registration is FREE.
7. Read the license agreement and if you agree then click the "Accept" button.
8. There are two download options, either will work but personally we use the "Direct Download".
9. Once you download is complete install RsLinx.
Once you have RsLogix and RsLinx installed continue to the RsLogix 500 - Configure your IP Address for PC to PLC Ethernet Communication lesson where you will prepare your computer to communicate with your trainer.