RsLogix 500 - Downloading and installing RsLogix 500 and RsLinx for FREE
RsLogix 500 and RsLinx will need to be installed on your computer to do these lessons. You can downloaded them for FREE right off of the Allen Bradley site at the following links.
1. Type “ab.com” into your address bar. It will redirect to Rockwell Automation.
2. Select your language.
3. Click Downloads.
4. In the search box type in RsLogix Micro Starter and you will see two options appear. Select the one that ends in EN for English.
5. Click the search icon. You could download it but we are going to add it to our cart. That doesn’t mean we have to pay anything, we’re just going to go get RsLinx which is also required and download them at the same time.
6. Now type “RsLinx Classic Lite” into the search bar and select the option that says free.
7. Click the Downloads Link.
8. Click Select Files.
9. Choose the latest version.
10. Your downloads button now has a two by it representing the two files that you have selected. Click it and select Download Now.
11. You will be asked to login, you can create an account for free so if you don’t have an account simply click the “Create an Account”.
12. Read over their licensing agreement and if you agree then click “Accept”
13. Now you have a choice to use the Managed Download or Direct Download. Both will work but I use the Direct Download.
14. You will now have two links, one for RsLogix and one for RsLinx. Click both of them to start your downloads.
15. Once your download is finished, install both files.
Once you have RsLogix and RsLinx installed continue to the RsLogix 500 - Configure your IP Address for PC to PLC Ethernet Communication lesson where you will prepare your computer to communicate with your trainer.