How to wire an Allen Bradley Compactlogix PLC
A feature of your Compactlogix Trainer is that it is designed to teach both PLC wiring and programming.
It comes unwired and you must make the connections between the PLC and the devices.
In the real world, the wiring would be determined by the machine design, but for your first lessons you will use the following diagram. For now, don’t worry about using a specific wire color for a specific connection. You will learn more about that later.
If you have wired your trainer correctly, then the following should happen.
- Pressing Button 1 illuminates Light 1
- Pressing Button 2 illuminates Light 2
- Pressing Button 3 illuminates Light 3
- Pressing Button 4 illuminates Light 4
- Placing Switch 1 in the right position will cause the lights to illuminate in sequence for 1 second each, starting with green, then yellow, then red, then blue, then repeat starting with green.
Go to the Studio 5000 PLC Training Lesson series to select your next lesson. There are also many other Lesson Series on PLC Programming and Industrial Automation.