Configuring RsLinx Ethernet Devices Driver to Communicate with an Allen Bradley PLC
If you prefer a step by step video
The Allen Bradley RsLinx Ethernet devices driver is not plug and play like the Ethernet/IP driver. You must configure the IP Addresses you wish RsLinx to look for devices on.
- From your menu at the top of RsLinx go to Communications > Configure Drivers…
- Under “Available Drive Type” select “Ethernet Devices” and click “Add New.” The default name for the device is “AB_ETH-1.” If you wish to change it you may do so now and click “OK.”
- Now you will see the “Station Mapping dialog come up
- Enter the IP Address of your device and click “OK”
- From you menu at the top of RsLinx go to Communications > RsWho. Look at the pane to the left, find your “ABETH-1” driver, and select it. In a few moments you should now see your device in the right pane.